The GreenAir™ Process
This is a process that uses pre and post testing methods and a unique cleaning process to restore evaporator and condensing coils to like new conditions and efficiencies. The testing provides data for enhancing and focusing the cleaning method and quantizes energy gains as a result of the process.
The testing consists of monitoring multiple data points of HVAC performance in real time and the use of data logging over a period of time to establish an overview of its current condition and energy use. Thermal imaging of the coil with a FLIR camera is also employed to give a visual mapping of the characteristics of each individual coil. This method reveals the variances that exist within each coil that indicate the areas that are most in need of cleaning. This also acts as post cleaning verification showing the improvement of the thermal characteristics of the coil. We then repeat the pre-testing protocol then compare results to ascertain efficiency gains and direct energy savings then documents and certify the results.
The cleaning process consists of using an industrial steam cleaner that produces a stream of water and steam at 250 degrees and 1300 psi to be applied to the coil at a 45 degree angle at first the perpendicularly from both sides of the coil. BBJ powerclean coil cleaning chemical (a non-corrosive coil cleaner) is injected into the water then heated and pressurized to aid in the cleaning process. This process effectively penetrates high-density coils of any level of contamination.
Direct and Ancillary Benefits from the GreenAir™ Proccess
Direct Energy Reduction
- Reduction of runtime to satisfy load due to increased BTU transfer across coil
- Reduction of energy used during runtime due to more efficient use of input energy
- The combination of 1 and 2 equals total energy savings
- Convert energy gain to per ton amount so application to comprehensive site study is more possible and accurate
Reduction of operational and maintenance costs
- No. 1 reason for compressor failure is dirty coils
- Coil failure due to prolonged and direct contact with corrosive contaminates
- Premature failure of blower motors due to increased load
- Reduced breakdown savings in parts and labor
- Reduction in “comfort calls” ( temperature and humidity)
- Improved performance at peak loads
- Current coil cleaners literally rinse your coil metal down the drain into the water system
Indoor Air Quality
- Improved temperature drop across coil/more BTUs delivered
- Less time to meet load
- Quicker response to load stresses
- Increased CFM of lower temperature to service area
- Improved reduction of relative humidity
- Lower RH allows for more tolerable higher thermostat settings due to dryness of air, thus further reducing energy costs
- Lower humidity increases comfort and productivity of work force
- Lower humidity in building envelope reduces occurrence and conditions of mold growth
- Sterilization and prevention of microbial growth
- No. 1 area of microbial growth is sterilized and APC (airborne particle count) is reduced
- This BBJ Coil cleaner and other related products can prevent microbial growth for 1 to 2 years post cleaning
- Uniformed coil performance lowers average airspeed thru coil reducing moisture blowout which is the leading cause of microbial growth in downstream duct system
- Cooling towers can also be sterilized and performance increased to provide 20 degree drop. Legionellae, Stocybotris and all other harmful microbial growth can be neutralized and the whole structure can be sterilized without affecting chiller water PH or other system characteristics
Potential energy rebates and tax incentives from Utilities and government agencies
- Mich. Public act 295 dictates many different energy savings measures
- DTE energy optimization plan is required and targets set by this Act. There energy optimization plan must offer rebates for energy savings expenditures.
- Stimulus funds are also set aside for federal buildings, municipal and state buildings
- The Cap and Trade Bill has past the Congress and has moved to the Senate and some version will be past. This could double or triple the cost of energy to the end user. Industry will be the heaviest hit by this new tax.
- This service can show a convincing case of alignment with the goals and intent of these measures
LEEDS Existing Building Certification
- Five categories of points are asset
- Indoor air quality and energy efficiency are two of the five
- Greenair is a member of the Detroit Chapter of the USGBC
- These points apply to silver ,gold and platinum certification
- 12 data point real time monitoring reveals operation symptoms of inefficiencies and documents the operating parameters of any given unit
- Refine data set and develop low-cost, low maintenance device
- Investigate application to links to current building operating systems and other web based abilities
- Explore other synergistic abilities to predict common HVAC failures
- Link to Greenair centralized monitoring abilities to handle many global facilities continually and in real time with automated alerts
Contact us for more information this and other GreenAir services.